Holiday Carpet Cleaning of the Fox Valley
PODCAST from WHBY on 4-11-16 with Jim Pichler on News-Talk 1150 WHBY AM on the Woodward Radio Network
...you cleaned our carpets at Bartelt Insulation on Saturday and I wanted to let you know that they really turned out nice, I am very happy and will get you back in the future to clean.
... I live in a retirement residence in Winneconne. I would like the carpeting cleaned in my livingroom and dining area. You would also need to move the furniture. Can you give me an estimate? I used your company before, when I lived in Menasha and the guys have always done a great job.
- Appleton 920-733-2294
- Oshkosh 920-236-8966
- Green Bay 920-430-1746
A monthly Newsletter full of money saving coupons and cleaning tips for you to start a regular cleaning plan to extend the life of your carpets and in general, have a cleaner home.
3rd-Party Carpet Cleaning Frequency Recommendations
Start a Regular Cleaning Plan
If carpet is cleaned before it becomes too unsightly, the cleaning chore will be easier and more successful. Carpet in a typical household should be cleaned every 12 to 18 months, depending on the number of residents and amount of activity.
Choosing the proper cleaning system is important. Some systems may leave residues which accelerate re-soiling and defeats the whole purpose of cleaning.
Professional carpet cleaners are a great choice for your floor. Their cleaning equipment has more extraction power than the rental units available to individuals, and the carpet should dry more quickly. True professionals also understand the equipment, know the proper cleaning agents for the situation at hand, and recognize the differences in fibers and carpet construction.
- "Mohawk Carpet Cleaning Recommendations" from the source
- In general, keeping traffic and other use factors in mind, consider professional cleaning every 12 to 18 months at the minimum.
Here is some advice from CRI:
(The Carpet and Rug Institute)
reference from CRI blog:
Four Reasons to Have Your Carpet Cleaned Regularly
Four Steps for proper carpet care:
- Vacuum high traffic areas daily, and everywhere according to a vacuuming schedule, using an SOA/Green Label-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime.
- Stop dirt at the door by using mats outside and in, taking your shoes off when you enter the house and changing your air filters to reduce airborne dust particles.
"Over time, items in the home pick up dirt"
"Over time, items in the home pick up dirt. Dust mites and possibly microbes can grow if they are exposed to food or other organic substances. If left alone, these fixtures can cause health issues for those that are sensitive or have weakened immune systems."
"Unfortunately, due to traffic, children, pets and normal wear, carpet fibers inevitably become soiled, and a dull appearance results. And no matter how much you vacuum, eventually you will need to call a professional carpet cleaner."
"Regular professional cleaning using a carpet technician is as important to your carpet as having a trained mechanic perform routine tune-ups on your car. While your carpet may appear clean on the surface, periodic cleaning by a certified technician can remove what you can't see and help your carpet retain its fresh, beautiful appearance."
reference from IICRC.org
What does the EPA say about asthma triggers?
First off, follow the carpet manufacturer's cleaning recommendations, this will help you preserve the quality of your carpet and will ensure you maintain your warranty. BUT, regular, professional carpet cleanings are necessary for cleaner, healthier air and to increase the carpet life for your home or business.
Start A Regular Cleaning Plan
Having an effective cleaning program may be more beneficial to home occupants with asthma and allergies.
Allergy Information Facts
Asthma triggers are commonly found in homes, schools, and offices and include mold, dust mites, secondhand smoke, and pet dander. A home may have mold growing on a shower curtain, dust mites in carpets, pillows, blankets or stuffed animals, and cat and dog hairs on the carpet or floors...
- Light Traffic - If your carpet needs to be vacuumed once a week, you should have deep carpet cleaning every 12 to 18 months. Have restorative cleaning every two years.
- Normal Traffic - If you have kids, you should vacuum traffic areas once or twice a week and have your traffic areas treated every 6 to 12 months. Schedule restorative cleaning once a year.
- Heavy Traffic - If you have pets, smoke indoors, you should vacuum 2 to 4 times a week, and have your traffic areas deep cleaned every 3 to 6 months and restored twice a year.
- Extreme Traffic - Large families and multiple pets will require daily vacuuming a deep carpet cleaning every 2 to 3 months. Have restorative cleaning four times a year.